Read More About HSR
You can read more about high-speed rail by exploring the following links:
- The Government’s document announcing the results of the consultation. The Government announces the results of its consultation on the first phase of HS2.
- The Transport Select Committee’s report on high-speed rail. The Transport Select Committee report finding that there is a good case for high-speed rail to run to Birmingham and beyond.
- Understanding the Transport Infrastructure requirements to Deliver Growth in England’s Core Cities. This report, produced by the economic consultancy firm Volterra, analyses the economic case for high-speed rail.
- Sheffield City Region’s evidence on High Speed Rail and Yorkshire This is an archive of evidence on how HS2 will impact the Leeds and Sheffield City Regions. It also details messages of support for the project from local businesses.
- Consequences for Employment and Economic Growth – Greenguage 21 This research report, drawing on work commissioned from KPMG, sets out how high-speed rail will enhance economic performance, create new jobs and generate a return to the exchequer.
- How HS2 Will Transform the West Midlands – HS2 This report argues that a “Y high speed rail network” – with Birmingham at its centre – would generate significant economic benefits both nationally and within the West Midlands.